January 14, 2009

Reporting Back From The Battlefield

What can I say? I am amazed that there is still someone out there reading my blog, considering the long absence. It makes me feel pretty good!

But I have no good to report. After a few serious heart issues and an emergency surgery I am now waiting for a new heart... in hospital. I am not going home until a transplant has been successful.

Knitting has not been happening for the last 2 1/2 months, although I am slowly getting stronger again thanks to modern chemistry. I hope to be able to transfer to Cologne to the Heart Centre until the Transplant, there I can see my family every day, be supplied by my LYS, (Maschenkunst...) and revive my blogging and pattern writing.

For those of you who have received a cryptic e-mail... please forgive me, I had 30 seconds on someones computer. I will start writing 'normal' e-mails again soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think of you often and hope that things are going well. :)

Anonymous said...

I am thinking all good thoughts for you! I hope very much that all goes smoothly and the best way it can go. Thank goodness you have good care and yarn in the mean time.

Jenny said...

Juliana!! So nice to have you back. I was getting REALLY worried, I thought you had left us. I am sad to hear you are still in hospital, but hopefully a heart will be found very soon and it will be successful. Thinking of you often and sending you lots of loving, healing & positive vibes! :) ((big hugs))) xxx Jenny

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering how you are. We're getting settled into the house in Santiago, with not much time for anything else. I have finished one pair of socks though. I hope you get some knitting supplies soon, and I hope you can update again soon. take good care, Alison

Anonymous said...

Viele gute Gedanken auch von mir.

margarete

Anonymous said...

So lovely to hear from you again! I think about you, and of course the Kamikazee Kid, often. I'm looking forward to seeing you posting more often again soon, and especially to seeing some more of your beautiful handiwork.

Jen said...

Juliana!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited when Anna Sullivan-Wagler sent me your blog address. It has been too long, my friend. I just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that Alicia, Lindsay, and I are all praying for you from our new home in Seattle, WA. Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

All materials unless otherwise stated © Knittiana!